31 Comments

September 25, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Your baking binge sounds just amazing!! I love baking when I go home too – a nicer kitchen, and more people to eat everything! These pancakes look divine!! Perfect for a Sunday brunch splurge

• says:

September 25, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Haha you are so spot on with this comment!! That’s exactly why I love baking at home (my mom has TWO ovens — whaat — and an actual stand mixer!) and this was indeed our Sunday brunch :) Thanks so much for your comment, Cate!!

September 26, 2013 at 12:14 am

Ohmahlawd, what are you doing to me?!?! These photos are glorious. I’ve smacked my face against my screen twice already trying to chew into those gorgeous, nutella-covered pancakes. I’ll gladly come over and eat anything your mom doesn’t want ;)

September 26, 2013 at 10:26 am

OMG! So suddenly, your blog is no longer blocked from my server or whatever and now I can see your lovely blog!! SO MANY PANCAKES YUMMM. These sound absolutely heavenly. No words.

• says:

September 26, 2013 at 11:47 pm

YAY! I’m SO glad! I wonder why it was blocked? I was thinking about it and it might have been when I was transitioning to a new domain name… Who knows. Anyway, thank you so much for the sweet comment and so glad you came here! I don’t know if these pancakes can compare to yours, which look beyond perfect, but it means a lot coming from you! :)

• says:

September 26, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Oh, I think some banana would be FABULOUS! These pancakes desperately need a healthy aspect, that’s for sure! I actually think banana might compliment the Nutella and chocolate chips better than espresso… Definitely going to try that next time, thanks for the genius idea. :) And thank you so much for your comment!

September 27, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Okay I’ve gotta return the favor and say that I am just as obsessed with all of your recipes and gorgeous food photography!! I will definitely be following you as well :)

September 30, 2013 at 5:24 am

when at home i have my coffee black and since ive been doing that fancy store cflat whites are just too weak… so I was thinking of laying off for a while… then I came across this.

Can I ask which lens you have? You pictures are amaaaazing im so intrigued!

em

• says:

September 30, 2013 at 7:59 am

Haha! I feel like this post is such a bad influence in comparison to all the lovely healthy foods I see posted elsewhere ;) But yes, one of the things I really liked about these pancakes was that I could actually taste the coffee flavor!

Of course! (And that is SO flattering, I am such a beginner!!) I just started using a 50mm f/1.8 prime lens and I’m totally in love with it. The pros are that pictures turn out SO wonderfully sharp and crisp, the aperture gets nice and wide, and it’s also a relatively inexpensive lens (lol, relatively speaking) as well as nice and compact. The only con for me so far is that overhead shots are a little hard with this one because you have to be farther away to get everything in — I end up holding the camera way over my head and just hoping it’s pointed in the right direction, haha… or standing on the table. For that reason I can maybe see why a 35mm might be better, but those will run a bit more.

I just ended up saying way more than I intended, hope I wasn’t just telling you everything you already knew!!! I thought your photos were fantastic, myself.

December 29, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Aw, thank you! Yes, it’s definitely not for every day, but it’s a serious treat when you do decide to splurge!