September 21, 2016 at 8:25 am

AHHH!!!! i am going to jump right through the computer and give you the giantest hug in the world!! this post is so sweet, lady, and this fried rice is soooo lucky to be in your beautiful photos <3 <3 <3 <3 i hope baby bowl enjoyed it too :) XOXOXOXOXOXOOXXO

September 21, 2016 at 10:34 am

like you, my family has their own way of making fried rice (my dad always uses oyster sauce and gets too impatient to let the rice crisp, while my mom uses so many vegetables you can’t see the rice). i’m excited to try a new one out though, especially when there’s tons of onions and garlic and ginger (:

September 21, 2016 at 11:09 am

Aaahhhh I’m so excited for Molly’s book!!! I’m not a huge maker of fried rice (although Robert is quite good at it, as it’s the main thing he would cook in college), but your description of Molly’s recipe has me wanting to try it out ASAP. Gorgeous post as always, Cynthia! xoxo

4. Erica says:

September 21, 2016 at 11:13 am

Hehe your fried rice upbringing… uncannily similar to mine over here. Down to using the deli ham (which my mom switched to turkey in our high school years for fear of the “salt” levels… HAHA). And so this post gives me lots of fuzzy warm feels thinking of my momma and her being scared of my left-handed rice spatula holding skills. I’m so excited for this cookbook I bought it pre-ordered in FEBRUARY!!! Glad to see your stamp of approval! <3

September 25, 2016 at 8:19 pm

This is such a sweet post. I love reading about your pregnancy brain 😀 I remember being there. I was actually thinking about it today when I saw a pregnant lady at the airport. This feeling of having a tiny person inside you. It’s so special and I miss it. I also miss pregnancy brain and all the crazy ideas and needs I had, mostly food needs, hahaha. The dish looks beautiful and I’m very excited about Molly’s book! :)

September 26, 2016 at 8:25 am

Ughhhhh Cynthia reading about your family’s fried rice method growing up was like a hug for my brain. The picture you painted was so vibrant and comfy and relaxing; it makes me want to head home and get some crispy fried rice going asap!! Molly’s book sounds so exciting, and this rice sounds SO good. Defffff adding all the ginger to my next batch of fried rice thanks to you both!! <333