August 24, 2016 at 6:52 am

Oh my goodness, LOLing at your crushing B2’s bag of chips story. This ice cream seams both refreshing and comforting – exactly what I need for summer-fall transitions. Good luck with pregnancy brain!!!

2. Erica says:

August 24, 2016 at 8:27 am

YOU ARE ADORABLE! Seriously your musings on your pregnancy make me smile, you’re so lighthearted about it and I love that! I’m going nuts over this ice cream (we are both oatmeal > ccc). Coming to your blog space always puts a smile on my face. Have a great week Cynthia! <3

3. Bill McGRATH says:

August 24, 2016 at 10:59 am

Having NEVER been pregnant, I can only speak from observing my wife with our five children- She was AMAZING- Now I know it is a personal experience and like many aspects of life, it is all in the observation- My wife, fortunately is an optimist who keeps herself fit- she was a professional dancer and dance teacher and would routinely, dance around the house, even while carrying one of children on her insides! This is, to me, a credit to all women, mothers or not, as they muddle through life and the ever changing VALUES that society places on them. They are strong when needed, compassionate always and receptive. Three good qualities for us all- I am happy to live in our world with is current parameters of women and men and their SPECIFIC roles- I am, by self reflection, a decent Dad to my children, but in all honesty, would be a terrible Mom!- And obtw, my wife is making TOM GA ( Thai Chicken soup) and when she is done, I am going to ASK ( nicely) for some Oatmeal Ice Cream

August 24, 2016 at 12:08 pm

LOLOLOLOL @ THE POTATO CHIP SITUATION HAHAHA. oh my. im so in love with how your photos + ice cream goodness turned out! maybe it’s time to get over my fear of ice cream making ๐Ÿ˜‰

August 24, 2016 at 10:47 pm

I relate to the potato chip story not because I was mad but because I am worth it. It was beer cheddar and I regret nothing. I love it when I’m feeling super confident. If only it happened more often. I enjoyed ENJOYED the heck out of this post. You have such a sweet disposition and together with your sense of humour, you just write the best sentences.
    I want to try your ice-cream base because while I love eggs in mine, I’m okay with the whole thing being simpler.

August 26, 2016 at 6:38 am

You’re starting to make me think that pregnancy might not be so bad after all.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But really, so happy to hear that growing a tiny human has exceeded your expectations and that you’re not raging at B2/into the toilet. Also, oatmeal lace ice cream? My mouth is *literally* watering. Hugs to you, lady!

August 26, 2016 at 7:56 am

Lollllll the potato chips!!!! Hahahha.

And I think I live my life with pregnancy brain, just this Wednesday I was coming back to SD from the Tijuana airport (they are connected by a bridge) and promptly handed the lady the ticket for the bridge, walked thru, got to US customs and realized I left my passport and iPhone with the ticket lady….on the Mexico side O_O

September 3, 2016 at 7:59 am

OMG HI GIRL. I go AWOL for a few months and I come back to find this amazing ice cream sitting in my feed…and your wonderful pregnancy news! Couldn’t be more excited for you both and frankly, I’m glad nothing too terrible has come of forgetting so far. Enjoy the ice cream and the loveliness to follow!

9. Nicola says:

September 6, 2016 at 2:38 pm

I locked myself out of my house 3 times when I was pregnant. Twice was on the way to work and one of my reception girls and then my boss had to come and pick me up. Thankfully I only live 5 minutes away. Talk about embarrassing tho.

September 7, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I really think I did all that forgetting – and more – when I was pregnant, but thanks to new mom-blackout brain (it’s like pregnancy brain on crack!) I can’t recall the details. This ice cream, though, is unforgettable, regardless of one’s state of being. And I love oatmeal cookies, too. (Yes, even more than CC.) Plus, you can pass them off as breakfast. Win!

September 9, 2016 at 6:39 am

I think I would eat that cookie crumble in a bowl with milk for breakfast–yum!! Being pregnant is so bizarre. My first pregnancy was easy-peasy. My second I was so tired I used to just pass out all the time (temporary narcolepsy).