1. Sini says:

March 30, 2015 at 11:41 am

How haven’t I stumbled upon The Pig & Quill before? Well, thanks to this wonderful virtual baby shower I finally have (cheers to that!). Wonderful pics as always, Cynthia! And to you Em: Congrats! Your little new family member will be one lucky soul to be surrounded with so much joy and good food <3

2. frolicchocolate says:

March 30, 2015 at 12:01 pm

these are awesome! stunning photos! and baby pigs in a baby blanket for miss pig n quill … dude… you are the MOST thoughtful.

March 30, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Cynthia, you are a gem! I wanted to come tell you that I love this recipe (so many heart-eyed emojis!) and I always appreciate the thoughtful and nice things you say :) To me and to everyone! And I wish we could share these and with a side of some shishito peppers!

March 30, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Nicole, you are so kind! Right back at you — thank you so much for such sweet words. And I could definitely go for a big platter of those shishito peppers right about now!

March 30, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Aww I love what you say about Em’s blog and agree wholeheartedly! And also: I haven’t eaten breakfast yet today and am now wishing these babies were on a platter in front of me to devour…sure would beat the smoothie I’m about to make 😉

March 30, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Oh my gosh, I need a smoothie or ten after how many of these I took down when I made them — oy. Thanks, Brooke <3 (and I can't WAIT to hopefully meet you soon!!)

March 30, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Ahh congrats to YOU, talented lady!!! So happy to see your name up there, it’s so so deserved!! You’re too amazing, my friend. And YES, IRL HANG. I can’t wait!

March 30, 2015 at 1:10 pm

The piggies in a blanket are perfect. :) And you always put your own spin on everything! I wish this baby shower were IRL so I could try all the wonderful and creative treats everyone made for Emily!

March 30, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Congrats to YOU, Mandy!!!! I was so happy to see your name up there, it’s so SO deserved — I’m crossing my fingers we get to meet this year!

March 31, 2015 at 7:17 am

You are so right; Em is such a “sassy sunshine.” I came across her blog, not so long ago, and I was hooked by her sassiness. 😀 This post looks wonderfully delicious and so appropriate for the SPAM lover :)

March 31, 2015 at 9:26 am

aw, this is the cutest idea for a baby shower, total genius! the styling is killer too, only you could make this look so elegant and beautiful! congrats on the nom, lady! you and your work are most deserving of this acknowledgment! high five’s + xoxo’s <3

March 31, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Before I get into the mushy stuff, I’d just like to say that your “approval” of using Pillsbury dough spoke right to my little baking-challenged heart. Thank you so much, Cynth. And now: literal or not, these are such a perfect representation of our little swaddled babes, I’m absolutely fidgeting with excitement and pride. (I’m not even a little concerned about whether we’re calling her the pig or eating the pig or what…I’m too distracted by my watering mouth!) It’s been SUCH fun seeing TRB grow into the immaculately curated, gorgeous space that it is today. One that is, if I may add, SO deserving of this year’s Saveur nom!!! (So exciting!) Thank you so much for reading along with the P&Q and taking the time to help celebrate our little one. Can’t wait until she’s big enough to take the reins in the kitchen — and make me every single thing from your site that involves yeasted dough. Because I will probably still be a super big sissy about that shit. Love you, Cynthia! <3 xoxo Em

March 31, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Hi Cynthia! You are too kind! Super congrats to you too for your nomination! Might I say that these pigs in a blanket definitely look like the most delicious thing ever. Mini sausages are so good wrapped in anything, but omgblahhh, I can’t believe you put gochujang in them, so genius. Hopefully we’ll meet in June!

April 1, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Kimchi Relish!?! homemade pigs in a blanket.. Girl, I’ve got to gather my thoughts on this one cause this is nothing but greatness.

April 2, 2015 at 2:51 am

Ohmygosh, you are the most thoughtful and creative lady around!! The little pigs in a blanket for Em are the cutest and sound the tastiest. I’m kind of obsessing over your kimchi relish right now. Need to make that ASAP!!

• says:

April 2, 2015 at 2:20 pm

P.s. I’m still thinking about these and the kimchi relish and the fact that YOU’RE A FINALIST and I can personally attest to your recipes being the tastiest in all the land. SO DESERVED!!!!!

April 8, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Man, oh man, like I needed another reason to wish gochujang was kosher. Blargh! These look amazing. I’ll take like 7 please and thank you!

April 20, 2015 at 9:35 am

Hey girl! Your site looks fabulous, didn’t know redesigned some of the elements! Having just finished up with one myself I know how time consuming it can be, so congrats. And having just bought two bottles of gochujang from Whole Foods last week, I’m putting this on my must do list :) Thanks for the inspo as usual!