1. loosecannon2 says:

February 22, 2017 at 7:12 am

A rainy day in Knoxville, TN. I opened my email to find “2 now 3 Red bowls” note which always delights me & as I read aloud parts to my family they too are enjoying the process of everyone in your household growing up & the stories of your family make You even more Dear to Us. Thank You ever so much.
    The Sprouted Flour Pancake recipe could not have arrived at a more opportune moment. As it is a rainy day, our dinner always includes a bit of difference as the rain has caused us to stay inside. This will be our dinner–I’ve all the ingredients, even the Pears for the compote. Being a cook because I want my family to remain healthy we rarely have anything “ordered in or eat out.”

We will raise our cups of tea to this mouth watering recipe & The 3 Red Bowls!

February 28, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Oh goodness, what a kind comment. You don’t know how this made my morning! Thank you for taking the time to read and leave such lovely words (both on this post and others) and for trying the recipe, which I hope turned out for you. You make this space what it is and I’m so grateful. Hugs from LA to Knoxville (coincidentally, only a couple hours’ drive from where I grew up!)

February 22, 2017 at 11:24 am

Love this! Pancakes have always been a special breakfast for me too! And now you’re going to be able to share that with B3 and make your own pancake memories with him 🙂 So fun! Also, I think all my pancakes need sauteed pears on top from now on! haha

February 22, 2017 at 5:41 pm

These look soooo fluffy!!! And pear compote with mascarpone sounds completely decadent!!! I had crepes with a poached pears recently, and I can’t believe how quickly I forget about the delicate flavor and luscious texture pears have in things like that.

March 1, 2017 at 10:57 am

Crepes with poached pears sound heavenly — and you described it so wonderfully, “delicate flavor and luscious texture” is so right. Thank you for stopping by, Maria 🙂

February 23, 2017 at 4:26 am

I’m going to tell you something sad right now. I can’t buy King Arthur products where I live. Do you understand? I can’t go to my Canadian grocery store and buy any of the stuff that I see online. NONE OF IT. I know your country is busy protesting and stuff, but is there anything that can be done? Can we (you) start some sort of underground railway system to get me the things I want?

Please inform.

March 1, 2017 at 11:01 am

No!!! Really? This is especially tragic considering how close you are to Vermont. Nominally relatedly, I actually can’t find bread flour, King or non-King Arthur, in any of the supermarkets in my new neighborhood in LA, which mystifies me. Whenever we get this underground railway up and running it will need to be a pretty long one.

February 23, 2017 at 11:05 pm

I love compote because it’s such an easy way to dress anything up! Especially oatmeal. And yes, pancakes are so so happy!!!!! I reallllllllllyyyy needed pastries and chocolates and the whole deal tonight but needed to eat dinner, and then Selah kept begging me to buy her ‘bbang’, and so what did I do? I made the fluffiest banana pancakes and dressed them up in chocolate chips, pure maple syrup, yogurt, chia seeds, pb, strawberries, and little crumbles of red velvet oreos. Okay so…maybe that beats the purpose of a pancake, but it was too good so I giggled my way through the pancake stack. Not sure why I shared so much but it was one of those unforgettable meals that you just keep thinking of when midnight rolls around. Aaaand it’s almost midnight right now. ;))))

March 1, 2017 at 11:03 am

I love the sound of that stack from top to bottom! Bananas + chia seeds = a totally healthful breakfast for dinner. Selah is such a gorgeous big girl now!

February 24, 2017 at 7:04 am

Such a dreamy breakfast scene here. Sprouted breads are my new fave thing, and I now feel the urge to go make pancakes now. 🙂 Also really like both greek yogurt and mascarpone with pancakes- did you combine the two? I bet that would be fab.

March 1, 2017 at 11:05 am

That is such a neat idea!! I didn’t combine them (though I’m with you that I love both on pancakes) but I think I might just have to next time. Thank you for such sweet words, Emily!

March 2, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I’ve eaten sprouted flour thingies before (and even bought bread with it dozens of times as an ingredient) but never knew what it really was (eep) until this post! Hehe. Love this stack of beauties and I agree, mascarpone nevah hurt anyone and especially not a gorgeous little vanilla pear compote …! (I love the term “breakfast hero” – I have never done that with Reese’s Pieces. I feel sure Teddy will make me do that in the future!) XO