July 29, 2015 at 7:30 am

This looks amazing. Great touch with the milk crumbs. In a huge fan of momofuku anything. What a delicious ice cream. I’ve been avoiding making it becausr no churn doesn’t taste the same, but this has convinced me that is worth a go. I know what you mean when you miss the blog even though the same amount of time has passed. It’s not in your head the same way when your focus has to shift toward less creative work. Great food and photos as always. I’d love some of this ice cream right now! Xo

July 29, 2015 at 7:38 am

This is going on my list to make! The milk crumb is intriguing – it sets it apart from all the other Vietnamese coffee ice cream recipes I’ve seen. I also like the addition of black tea. Great recipe, gorgeous photography!

July 29, 2015 at 10:32 am

Oh gosh, I love yuanyang-anything. It is a common drink in Singapore as well (where I come from) and such a refreshing drink on a hot humid day. Thanks for this recipe! I can’t wait to try it. 🙂

X Min, honeyandgazelle.wordpress.com

July 29, 2015 at 10:57 am

I love how you combine flavors to create pure amazingness.. this ice cream is major example of that.. I mean condensed milk crumbles.. Hello!

5. Anonymous says:

July 29, 2015 at 11:18 am

looks delicious! will have to try to no-churn version. 🙂 quick question–where did you buy the cute journal to write down your recipes/ideas? thanks!

July 29, 2015 at 12:12 pm

This looks incredible! Is it weird that I want to make the milk crumb and eat it alone? I’m sure it’s fab with this gorgeous ice cream too. I’ve never tried Jeni’s Splendid, but I’ve only ever heard rave reviews. Looks like I have some delicious investigating to do!
    xx Sydney

July 29, 2015 at 3:31 pm

holy moly, those milk crumbs! this sounds like the perfect combination of caffeinated ice cream. oh and that jeni’s ice cream; every time i pass it in the super market i can’t help but drool over all of the amazing flavors. love all the bright whites going on here, just too dreamy! xo

July 29, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I love this! I was justreadying about yuanyang the other day – I’m actually researching it for a lil’ side project. So this is totally serendipitous. And it sounds delicious. As a very indecisive person I love one less decision to make come ice cream time.

July 30, 2015 at 9:56 am

This may be the most creamy, dreamy ice cream I’ve ever seen. Swirls of frozen sweetened condensed milk throughout?! You kill me. So lovely, Cynthia! Good luck at work with the everyone out of town – hopefully it calms down soon! Hugs! <3

July 30, 2015 at 9:14 pm

I remember being so bemused by the coffee-tea concept when one of my colleagues first handed me coffee-tea bag. But it totally makes sense, I mean, I love coffee and I love tea.. sooooo…

PS I have to say your recipe notebook looks so much neater than mine. For some reason I forget how to write properly when I’m writing things in it, I think because I get too excited and I’m like, future me will just have to figure out what I meant by all of these incomprehensible scribbles. 😛

July 31, 2015 at 6:33 pm

YAYY for the August calm, which hopefully started early, like, idk, this afternoon cause HOLY crappola, tomorrow’s August 1st. How is that even possible? Anyway, this ice cream is dreamy and you are the first person to turn me onto yuanyang coffee so it seems only fitting that you’d show me the beauty that is yuanyang coffee ice cream with THOSE milk crumbles. Killing it. Seriously, killing it.

August 1, 2015 at 12:08 am

Ice cream does magically make most things better! I loved getting this drink in HK diners when I was younger. It’s just so good. And I would enjoy it with a piece of condensed milk toast… gahhhh, so good, but so painful for my tummy nowadays. I love the flavours going on here and the condensed milk crumble is genius! I am always amazed with the creations from/inspired by Christina Tosi at Momofuku. So much brainy creativity!

August 1, 2015 at 11:43 am

I’m incredibly super glad you posted both recipes!!!! Like, like, like, I’ve been wondering how to make amazing ice cream, and I’ve been wanting to make crumbles but didn’t know where to start…Excited doesn’t describe my feels, you feel? Ps: Hoping you have a super blessed weekend filled with miracles of all sorts, Cynthia! <3

August 2, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Glad you’re back Cynthia! You have so much talent. I have never tried Yuanyang and coffee ice cream is one of my favorites so this is going to be a must-have this summer!!!