March 11, 2015 at 6:58 am

Awesome combo, Cynthia. I’ve been working out of Mexico for the last couple of weeks but before i left nyc the cold had me craving Korean. I’ve been alternating between making Mexican and korean all winter. I never thought if combining the two, though i won’t lie, i almost made your kimchi nachos. both seem like a combo that actually works! Yay spring!

March 12, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Oh my gosh, Mexican and Korean food all winter! You’ve been doing winter right (especially the working out of Mexico part!!) Thanks so much for the kind words, Amanda! πŸ™‚

March 11, 2015 at 7:49 am

The ice on our driveway is now only 6 inches deep! We should be able to walk on the sidewalks by… June! Just kidding. We’re getting more snow on the weekend. Your photos and recipe are, as always, disgustingly gorgeous. They’re almost enough to make me forget about our never-ending winter…

March 11, 2015 at 10:34 am

Yay for beckoning spring any way we can – I’m in shorts with the window open (even though its only 36 degrees outside) wrapped in a blanket because I refuse to put on sweats for one more day. It’s suppose to be 70 today and I’m going to embrace every moment/degree I can get! So happy its warming up in your parts too, it just makes everything seem so much more wonderful (despite the muddy snow-slush we are still waiting for the sun to fully melt away as well).

I’m so excited to try your homemade tortilla recipe (!!) you’ve made it sound so easy I cannot talk myself out of it this time! Hope you have a stellar week Cynthia <3

March 11, 2015 at 12:54 pm

I totally adore this, Cynthia! Gorgeous photos, and what a yummy recipe. I’ve had my eye on that post of Emma’s, too, and I LOVE your version. xx

March 11, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I love kimchi but never made at home, I am going to jump in with your recipe and make my OWN kimchi! Love the combo of kimchi, fried egg and homemade tortillas. Gorgeous pictures as always – You are so inspiring!

March 11, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Super awesome recipe, Cynthia!!! Oh mannnn scallion kimchi is literally my favorite kimchi!!! But I don’t eat it as often as I want to because it’s just not as “popular” as the cabbage kind. And I love the homemade tortillas…they look perfectly charred and chewy gooey, hehe. πŸ˜€

March 11, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Fresh tortillas are a whole other world. My Mexican friend used to heat them up and spread them with cold butter, sugar and cinnamon and then roll it up and eat it like mini roll cake. Do not try with storebought tortillas.

March 11, 2015 at 4:07 pm

ok, i got it: a fresh tortilla bed that i can take a nap in right now. with scallions. and kimchi scallions would get dirty, but it would be worth it. right?

March 11, 2015 at 5:09 pm

can you believe these temps today! ahhhh, finally, we’re getting some relief! but girl, these egg tortillas are bananas, and that scallion kimchi! i can just image how insanely delicious this all was together. that b2, he’s a lucky lucky dude! hope you two are enjoying the warmth <3 xo's

March 11, 2015 at 10:59 pm

SPRING!! Yes, please!!! πŸ™‚ Even though I am so excited for Spring (which is totally still winter where I am), I am 10x more excited about these tortillas. DREAM FOOD!!

March 12, 2015 at 12:24 am

Girl, there’s nothing better than warm, molten, buttery egg yolks. And homemade tortillas? Yes please! This looks and sounds incredibly delicious and comforting. I’m glad that you’re finally thawing out over there on the east coast! You need to fly out west and spend your winters out here. It’s been spring-like for the past two months! Not that I’m rubbing it in or anything πŸ˜‰

March 12, 2015 at 1:27 am

So, confession: I’ve never had Kimchi. But between your photos and the impending spring season, I /have/ to try it! And I am all for homemade tortillas and buttery egg yolks (although mine are never nearly as perfect as yours).

March 12, 2015 at 3:29 am

All the things. Fresh tortillas!? Why have I never made my own, ever? Flour tortillas are one of my favorite things and I’d be happy with just a giant stack of them. But then you went and introduced those kimchi scallions and now my mind is blown. I recently had kimchi scallions for the first time a couple months ago and totally thought it was amazing but also felt like it’d be better with something else. Thanks for filling in the blanks because now I know it was missing a fried egg and fresh tortilla. Genius and perfect combo. P.s. YAY for spring!!

March 12, 2015 at 5:09 am

Hurrah for spring! The sunshine + (slightly) warmer weather is almost the only thing that my team in New York talk about when I speak to them. Also, I bought a tortilla press on a whim about 6 months ago and haven’t got round to using it yet…I must because I can’t wait to make these beauties!

March 12, 2015 at 10:44 am

Spring food! I love love love it! My mind has been filled with dreamy thoughts of spring produce lately so yes please. Give me all of the scallions (and all of the warm weather). This looks like an amazing combination and homemade tortillas?? I NEED to try that soon .

March 13, 2015 at 2:23 am

You need to visit South Bay, I live next to Korea+Japan town which makes it the best combination. All sorts of Japanese and Korean fusion food everywhere. Then we can have a tortilla party and make these beauties.

March 14, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Things are looking so much warmer here it’s amazing! I am so relieved that we are finally above 0. Now I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for picnic weather to come soooon! Also, these tortillas look to die for. So much yum!

March 15, 2015 at 4:34 am

Here I am with a ton of homemade kimchi and in desperate need for more things to do with kimchi (before it takes over the house) – these are a fantastic supper idea, I’ll just use the whole-leaf kimchi I’ve made and add some fresh scallions. Love the pretty tortillas and will inaugurate our press with those. Thanks a lot, Cynthia & Emma.

March 15, 2015 at 10:55 am

Oh my…these look so so delish!! would love to have two of them for lunch now πŸ˜€
    And soo happy for you, that spring is coming!! ItΒ΄s still so grey and cold here in Berlin, send some sun over please πŸ™‚

March 21, 2015 at 8:34 am

Just like Emma’s tortillas, these have been on my mind ever since I saw them on IG. These just look crazy good!! Love the idea of scallion kimchi, and can’t wait to give this recipe a go. Enjoy these sunny spring days! They do magic to our souls. xx