December 22, 2015 at 7:01 am

My grandparents have two ancient fig trees in their garden and every year, they produce so much fruit! Most of the time, they just eat them when they’re ripe. This recipe would put any extra figs into good use πŸ™‚ thanks for the idea!

January 6, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Fig trees in the backyard sound like a dream!!! My parents had one in their yard when I was a lot younger and I kick myself now all the time for not appreciating it when I was around. Eat extra for me when the season comes, please!!! πŸ™‚

December 22, 2015 at 9:39 am

These look delicious! I love figs so much in just about everything. I hope you’re enjoying your time off in Hawaii. Of course you’d have a filing right before a big trip! Why would it be any other way? Impressive that you managed to make and post these ahead of schedule too. You are my lawyer/blogger,work/life balance hero!

December 22, 2015 at 10:03 am

My internet speeds have gone to shit since I came to India so I can’t see all of these photos and I really wanna because they are so gorgeous. Ughhh but maybe it’s good to internet less on vacation, yes? Enjoy your break Cynthia. Hawaii sounds so fabulous. I hope you eat all of the food because I wouldn’t hold back if I were you. Fish is probably going to be on our menu too because why not! Love these cookies. My mom is currently making all sorts of sweets right now and I’m eating the remnants of a can of condensed milk. You are totally right about these being the most emblematic of the Christmas cookies. I am a jammer fan so I’m never not going to put jam cookies on a pedestal no matter what the season. Merry everything to you and your family. Live it up!

December 22, 2015 at 12:28 pm

I usually avoid making thumbprint cookies cause I think they are a little too sweet for my taste but I love this fig jam and goat cheese combo! I could never turn that down. I really wonder what Christmas in Hawaii is like! I’m heading to Florida today and it’s always so bizarre for me seeing Santa in a tropical shirt. See you in 2016 (CRAZZZYY)

December 22, 2015 at 4:54 pm

i love your description of your christmas holiday spent in hawaii so far! and fig jam! i’ve had it only once, but i remember it being so darn delicious – i can imagine how bright it shines with the cheese-y cookie base here πŸ™‚ wishing you all the warm cozies, and the happiest start to 2016! big hugs friend! xoxo

December 22, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Awww thank YOU for making just the best, most beautifully-photographed posts for all of us to enjoy!

I’m not going to lie, I’m a little envious of your warm weather. Don’t get me wrong, I really like snow. Like a lot. And this weekend I got a good dose of snow. But it has also rained here in Portland for 22 days straight now. Sooo a little warmth and sunshine and ahi poke doesn’t sound half bad πŸ˜‰

Actually, can I just make a whole meal out of some poke and these thumbprints?

Wishing you and B2 the merriest of holidays, Cynthia!!!

December 23, 2015 at 3:44 am

These really remind me of jam tarts, the biscuit part is very similar to pastry and the small ratio of jam is just the right amount.

Love the addition of goat’s cheese – some people really dislike it, but I’ve never understood why, although to be honest I’m a total cheese fiend!

Have a fabulous Christmas in Hawaii!

December 23, 2015 at 8:56 am

Goat cheese and fig jam.. all day. There is a place here in ATL that makes these little buttery pastry tarts with goat cheese and fig jam swirls in the center.. THE BEST! Your holiday sounds amazing already, I mean hello Hawaii. Happiest of Holidays to you my dear, 2016 is gonna be a good one. xoxoxo

9. Erica says:

December 23, 2015 at 9:53 am

I love that there’s goat cheese IN the dough… you rock woman. Have so much fun in Hawaii and eat ALL the ahi poke in sight. Happy holidays!!!

December 23, 2015 at 3:25 pm

I love thumbprint cookies, but I never thought about adding goat cheese. As someone who loves goat cheese I’m kicking myself for not thinking of this first. They look amazing, and I hope you have a very happy Hawaiian Christmas.

December 31, 2015 at 5:55 am

I’ve just stumbled across your blog today for the first time and am happy that I have and sad that I’ve missed out before. Looking forward to following and learning (seriously inept and inexperienced in the kitchen). Happy New Year πŸ™‚