1. Erica says:

March 30, 2016 at 7:12 am

You just completely convinced me – I just clicked “purchase” on Amazon for the book! I’m so excited to bake from it now. I’ve been trying to bake and cook with more seasonal ingredients and Yossy’s book sounds like the perfect inspiration!
    Your bars could not look more summery and picnic perfect! I always love seeing your photos :)

March 30, 2016 at 5:49 pm

YAY! You will absolutely love it, especially for baking seasonally. And thank you so much for your kind words, Erica — they always brighten my day.

March 30, 2016 at 9:47 am

Saffron and lime, what a combo. I’m loving your photos. Each one makes me crave a day like your prospect park day. Sunshine in a bar. Lovely review. Some talented recipe writing cooked by a very talented lady! Win win.I hope you’re doing well.

March 30, 2016 at 5:51 pm

You always make me smile, Amanda — thank you so much for your kind words. I agree, saffron and lime is such a crazy cool combo! I hope you’re doing well yourself, and getting home at a decent hour!

March 30, 2016 at 10:29 am

I love lime, and have been experimenting with saffron – so I have some on hand. I’ll have to give these a go.

Lovely photography and clear instructions as always.

Thanks.

-Glenn K.

March 30, 2016 at 1:16 pm

That picnic was such a treat, and I’ll never forget what it’s like to taste a pie made by Yossy. These lime bars are gorgeous, and I can’t wait to bake more out of my copy of her book! It’s a true gem.

March 30, 2016 at 10:17 pm

I’m such a fan of tart desserts but I can honestly say I’ve never had anything quite like this! The flavor combination of lime and saffron sounds absolutely incredible! If this recipe is any indication (and I’m certain it is), the cookbook must be genius!

6. whiskandshout says:

March 30, 2016 at 10:58 pm

I am buying this book like, right now. No joke- convinced! I love the mood of your pictures and it was lovely to see your take on this gorgeous recipe. I love citrus and saffron together! Pinning :)

March 31, 2016 at 12:57 am

These look so incredibly delicious and sophisticated! Lime and saffron? Maybe not that usual of a flavor combination but now that I saw it written down and imagined it, it sounds perfect and makes so much sense. Hello spring, hello sunshine, hello lime bars with saffron!

Yay for all the glorious and inspiring stuff Yossy creates including this book!

April 4, 2016 at 2:26 pm

The vibrant colours smack of spring. Perhaps I’ll take the plunge and splurge on some saffron. A lovely post as always, Cynthia!

April 8, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Yes, I think that would be fine! I can’t say for sure because I haven’t tried it, but I think simply adding the chopped nuts would work well, or if using pistachio meal, perhaps swapping up 1/4 of the flour with pistachio meal. I’d love to hear how it goes!

9. Vivian says:

November 4, 2016 at 6:07 am

Hello,

I hopped over via ^^olly yeh…what a find you are! You are a true artist, your photos are painterly, your words captivating.