June 7, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Ha! I know, my winters in New York and Boston are still fresh in my mind but I have to remember I’ve still never experienced climes like your neck of the woods.

June 7, 2017 at 1:26 pm

I know, right? I heard you guys had blistering heat for about a minute and then rain again this week. Hope those warm days come soon and I hope you’re doing wonderfully, Amanda! Thank you so much for your kind words, always.

June 7, 2017 at 8:29 am

LOL come have some of our Houston heat!! The humidity is enough to give me the fresh aesthetic of always being freshly showered (in sweat). Have I mentioned how much I love your food descriptions? Predictably beautiful!!

June 7, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Hahaha I remember that humidity look too well. Why go for “dewy” when you could go for “beaded with sweat”? So chic. (And bah, thank you for always being the very sweetest!)

2. Susan Silverstein says:

June 7, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Am I missing something? What amount of sugar snaps to do you add, or do we add to our taste? This looks fresh and amazing and I want to try it, like NOW, even though it’s supposed to rain tomorrow.

June 7, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Oh, shame on me! I can’t believe I forgot to include my favorite ingredient. About 1 to 1 1/2 cups should do it, although of course you should feel free to add to taste. I’ve updated the recipe now. So sorry about that and thank you so much for catching it, Susan! I hope you like it if you try it! Here’s to chasing away gloomy June weather.

June 7, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful!! That tangy creamy dressing looks perfect – and I just so happen to have a happy shallot waiting for me to pickle into oblivion… your writing is always so soothing, Cynthia! From befuddlement to nose-tickling XO