October 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm

yay for homemade scones! my mom used to be very anti-scones because she thought they were super dry, and every time i’d try to prove her wrong with a storebought scone or bakery scone, it’d backfire. she finally liked them when i started making them (:

• says:

November 7, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Ah, it isn’t in England though Jacqueline and that’s all I can really base it on. I didn’t notice them when I visited Aberdeenshire, but I wasn’t really looking.

I say scone=gone too, scone=moan just sounds strange! 😁

• Jacqueline Bethea says:

November 7, 2016 at 5:43 pm

i have heard that scones in england are different than those made in scotland, but i have never known what the difference is. most of the scones that i see are similar to what i have always called a white oven scone (of course, now they come so many ways that they are really no longer white). drop scones, like a thick pancake, done on a griddle are round of course, but that’s the only round scone i can think of.

November 2, 2016 at 10:46 am

You’re right, I think the reason why scones don’t get much love from me is because they usually tastes bland, looks dry, and unappetizing but these look fantastic!..and the step by step visuals are great! Baking scones seems like such an intimidating thing..

Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe! Will need to try it this weekend for some good eats! 🙂

November 5, 2016 at 11:50 am

Nothing bland or dry looking about these! They look amazing!! And perfect for our girls brunch next weekend! Do you think they would still be flavorful enough if I omit the cinnamon chips and maybe up the candied ginger? I am weird and not a fan of cinnamon chips.

4. loosecannon2 says:

November 6, 2016 at 9:21 am

We are definitely going to make these for our Sunday evening “mis-mash” for dinner. We so enjoy these evenings with spur of the moment recipes that often become a must in our recipe file. I’m sure these Pumpkin Scones will find their “nestle space” there. Thank You ever so much.

5. Patricia Houser Goehrig says:

November 6, 2016 at 9:28 am

I want to make these gluten free using KA all purpose flour. Do I need to add xanthan gum? These look awesome!

6. Anonymous says:

November 6, 2016 at 9:35 am

Homemade scones are absolutely the best, especially right from the oven. I’ve got to make these pumpkin ones today! They’re gonna rule.

Thank you, Miss Two Red Bowls!

7. Anonymous says:

November 8, 2016 at 11:21 am

thought the flavor was good, but scones were quite dry…and I didnt see the glaze listed on the recipe until I looked back on here at the pictures.

8. Anonymous says:

November 8, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Do you think that I could mix and shape the night before and put them in the fridge overnight instead of the freezer for 30 minutes? I know my family isn’t going to wait an hour for breakfast and I’m not getting up at 5:30 a.m. for them, either.

• Anonymous says:

November 13, 2016 at 11:04 am

Did exactly that (refrigerated over night) and baked them after church. Turned out wonderful!. Rose to right height. Family said they were the best scones ever – not dry at all -just moist enough.