October 24, 2016 at 3:40 am

Awesome recipe. Congrats on the outcome of the case. I just postponed a hearing of my own for an asylum. You describe the job perfectly. Im glad you’re enjoying the wfh. This baked challah French toast will be my new fave!!!

October 24, 2016 at 7:06 am

The reason I never make French toast is because I never plan for it and therefore am usually out of milk and/or bread. I love the look of this. I love that can plan to my heart’s content, and have a fancy breakfast without having to be a morning person to make it.

October 24, 2016 at 9:00 am

Oh my oh my, this is a dream!! Seriously drooling over this, I might have to post pone the rest of my tour around the virtual pumpkin party…it’s making me so hungry! I’ll be coming back to make this one, I’ve still got a stash of pumpkin puree in the freezer from the recipe I made. Can’t wait to try for myself! X

October 24, 2016 at 2:00 pm

I’ve never done this, baked french toast!!! It sounds amazing, with a somewhat set-it-and-forget-it (or let it soak) quality!! Also – you will never regret a waffle maker purchase. Because Baby Bowl will be SOOO into waffles and pancakes etc FOR SURE. And you can make whole-grain ones with high fibre for Baby Bowl (when he starts eating solids n stuff) and it will be magical, because most little people love pancakes/waffles, and if it’s whole grain he will go poo lots, and let me tell ya, your child’s poo becomes your obsession, to put it mildly (and hopefully not too crudely!!!) 😛 Sorry for the poo tangient! Enjoy your last few (days??) of quietude, sweet mama!! Sending so many good vibes your way! XO

5. Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence says:

October 24, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Cynthia, this baked French toast looks amahzing!!! Perhaps I’ll make this for breakfast on Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s a beauty! Happy #VirtualPumpkinParty!!

October 25, 2016 at 10:21 am

Omggggg Cynthia you are so close to meeting your little guy!!!! Eeeek SO EXCITING!!!! I have had that loaf of challah on my to-do list for literally years but this…THIS is the perfect kick in the pants to finally make it. Because I want that squash-y french toast. Now. Currently obsessed with pumpkin and caramel and this is just everythingggg.

Umm so just thinking out loud, gonna be visiting family in LA in December (fingers crossed) and if you are not, you know, completely worn out being a parent, I would love to see you/bring you food/eat food with you etc!! Sending all the love and good vibes your way!!! <3333

7. Erica says:

October 25, 2016 at 7:10 pm

YAY happy maternity leave!!!! Wishing you all the best near the end of your pregnancy, holy smokes doesn’t time fly so fast!?
    French toast looks wonderful, as your food always does :-*