July 13, 2016 at 5:38 am

Omg Cynthia! I’m so happy that you like LA (not that I’ve ever been there before) 😉 These melon pastries look amazing -you are a genius (or shall I say bowl 2 is a genius?) for thinking to make freaking pastries out of chamoe! I love them too but living in a small town has its limits with groceries I’m afraid.
    P.S. that photo of you and bowl two is ADORABLE!

July 13, 2016 at 6:28 am

I saw Korean melon at the farmer’s market last week and I didn’t know what it was. Thank you for encouraging me to try it!

July 13, 2016 at 6:55 am

These sound so, so, SO amazing! The melon is something so unique to add and I never would have thought to try that, but YUM! Oh, and can I just say how much I adore the pic of you two!!!!!!

4. Erica says:

July 13, 2016 at 9:11 am

OKAY YES YES YES I want to make these for my little grandma now because she always slices up this on our dessert fruit platters when we visit her in California. Because Asians eat fruit for dessert like it’s our job, right?! So lovely Cynthia, and as always your posts put a big smile on my face!

July 14, 2016 at 5:58 am

Love this Cynthia.. your excitement and that breakfast nook shot.. So happy for you! You teach me something new in every post. I’ve never heard of Chamoe so now I must find some because these little pastries look so so good. I’ll have to try them with cantaloupe jam too, I grew up eating that stuff, along with what they call dew syrup which is just honeydew and sugar boiled together. 🙂

July 14, 2016 at 7:11 am

Love! I grew up eating Korean melon–it’s so sweet and crunchy and so refreshing when it’s chilled. I would have never considered making a jam out of it!

July 14, 2016 at 7:21 am

i’ve never had chamoe, but it sounds just as beautiful as it looks! so i’m sure that jam mixed up with some creamy cheese wrapped up in pastry is just one of the best things! loving everything about your serene and inviting nook! so happy for you two and baby B3!!! hope you’re feeling well! xo’s!

July 15, 2016 at 2:41 pm

CYNTHIA Y’ALL ARE SO CUTE THERE AREN’T EVEN WORDS. These look SO delicious and ugh thanks for reminding me of pineapple cake, now I’m craving it!!!! Your breakfast nook looks so sunny and peaceful and amazing!!

PS. I’m coming to LA soon so we can go to Egg Slut and Sqirl and Gjelina and ALL THE PLACES PLZ

July 16, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Ahhhh I’m just loving the ambiance here, and the light is so lovely! I really want to see your cute belly, and if it’s in real life even better! Would love to meet up over…um…food, what else? Haha. And hah–you’ve been Porto-fied. That place is amazing and I suggest anyone who doesn’t want to gain weight run from it the other direction.
    I’m curious about chamoe made into jams, because even though I pretty much love 100% everything I try, I’ve never been able to like melons one bit. Watermelon is the only case, in which case it’s my favorite fruit. 😉

10. Krizia says:

July 26, 2016 at 12:11 pm

I’m so excited for your move and can’t wait to see how your LA adventures unfold. Welcome to the West Cost 🙂 I hope our paths cross sometime soon.

July 26, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Oh my your melon jam sounds incredible!!!! It’s melon season here now in Paris and I can’t wait to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing and gorgeous photos as always 🙂 🍐

July 21, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Just tried making these and they’re looking yummy already, just one question – the cream cheese filling came out really runny, any ideas why?

July 21, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Hi Lizzie, I’m sorry that happened! Did you use regular cream cheese or Neufchatel? Sold in blocks, or the tub? These are the main things I can think of — I find Neufchatel slightly runnier than regular, and that the blocks are a bit firmer than the spread in the tub. I have also read elsewhere that perhaps beating vigorously can lead to it being runnier. In my experience, the filling is a little thinner than pudding, so it won’t hold its shape, but shouldn’t be altogether liquid. I hope the pastries are still tasty!