1. Erica says:

April 20, 2016 at 7:56 am

You have mad mini cake skills, they are the cutest! And cupcake skills as well, they are beautiful Cynthia! All the photos just scream spring, totally brightened my day.
    Also that cake stand is a beaut. Hope all is well!!

April 20, 2016 at 11:04 am

Your mini cakes aaaaaalways get me. I have yet to tackle ’em but – once I have a proper kitchen – I’m going to give them a go and cross my fingers I don’t pile them with so much frosting that they topple over. Also? That Earl Grey buttercream looks dreamy as heck. <3 BIG HUGS, lady.

May 3, 2016 at 10:38 am

Baha, I felt so clumsy while frosting, so I appreciate that! :) More caramel always = better. Thanks so much, Heather :)

April 20, 2016 at 11:27 am

Aiyeee they are so cute! Do they not have London Fogs (aka earl grey latte) in America!?? Haha I love the cupcake trajectory. Through it all, I’ve still been a cupcake fan – especially when they show up so gorgeously styled and photographed and looking soooo delicious!! XO

May 3, 2016 at 10:40 am

Baha they don’t! Not that I’ve seen in coffee shops around where I am, anyway. I was so fascinated when I first read about it that I ran to my work breakroom and “made” one right then, LOL. So good. Another reason of a million (Teddy’s at the top, shh) I need to visit you all in Vancouver! Thank you so much for the sweet words, friend :):)

4. whiskandshout says:

April 20, 2016 at 11:46 am

These are seriously gorgeous cupcakes! I’m one of those people who HATES boring cupcakes, but lives for treats like these. And London Fogs are such a rare treat for me, because they never serve them where I’m from, but I am obsessed with earl grey! Also died at “embarking on a wild ascent from supermarket-only to trendy to out-of-your-mind popular before being ousted from their throne by donuts”- SO TRUE. Pinning! :)

May 3, 2016 at 10:42 am

They don’t serve them here either! I hope they make it to where we are because I love Earl Grey too :) Thanks for the kind words, Medha!

April 20, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Hi Heather! I’m not totally sure because I haven’t tried this batter in a mini cupcake tin, but I find that about 12-15 minutes is the general ballpark for mini cupcakes. I would test early and remove as soon as the toothpick comes out clean. I updated the Notes with my suggestions. Thanks so much!!

• Heather Goetz says:

April 22, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Thank you for your update with the times. I do have another question….what tea did you use? a loose brand or just removed the tea from tea bags. Thanks!

April 20, 2016 at 3:18 pm

You are the queen of mini-cakes!! And cupcakes. What I love about Tessa’s book is how adaptable it is – how you can just make it to your own preferences. I love what you did with the London Fog cake. And then Alana’s rendition with yellow cake and earl grey buttercream crumbles (drool) is so creative too. I love this book – I know I’ll be baking cakes out of it for ages! Beautiful spread of photos, Cynthia.

6. tessahuff says:

April 20, 2016 at 7:50 pm

These minis!!!!!!! And cupcakes! I’m in so in love. Thank you! I’ve been anxiously awaiting for you to create and photograph one of my recipes. I knew that whatever you made would be beautiful, but all of this?!?! I’m speechless. Beyond gorgeous! And now I want cupcakes =)

April 25, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Gosh….this is just beautiful in every single way I can think of! Love the composition, and you know I love me tea flavored goods. I had no idea swiss buttercream would include that many egg whites though. Interesting.