1. Anonymous says:

March 16, 2016 at 7:08 am

Why post just pictures and NOT the recipe – refer to Crate and Barrel website which does not appear to be working? Very frustrating I may unsubscribe…

• says:

March 16, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Hello anonymous! Just want to help out a bit here. :) It seems to be working now, or at least it does on my end. Do remember that many times bloggers who are well loved by companies will work together, so that way they can kill two birds with one stone. Blogger puts up a beautiful recipe on their website, and then the reader might also become interested in the company that owns that website as a result. Maybe you knew that but I like to clear things up for people. :)

• says:

March 16, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Goodness gracious, this sounds so comforting! I’ve always been a soba lover thanks to mom, but I haven’t tried it in such a unique broth which means something’s not right here. Gotta find me some in LA <333

March 16, 2016 at 11:43 am

Cynthia! Your first paragraph describing the noodles was so beautifully written. I might have to add some of those phrases to my food writing inspiration page in my notebook: “all kinds of crisp, smoky and tart in all the right ways”, “dark, lip-smacking broth”, and your description of the barely poached egg melting into the broth is just perfection. I’m glad you were able to recreate this at home! It’s so satisfying to be able to recreate a dish you had in a restaurant in your very own kitchen :)

March 16, 2016 at 12:12 pm

It is now lunchtime and I am sitting at my desk where my stomach is literally growling from reading about these noodles…!! I need to definitely try this restaurant in midtown, and also make your version at home. Thanks for the inspiration! : )

March 16, 2016 at 3:51 pm

We don’t have a lot of soba noodles around in New Zealand but I hope it becomes more of a trend because this looks delicious! I might have to hunt around at the local Asian supermarkets to see if they stock them in their dried noodle section.

March 16, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Ohh love me some soba noodles, always! (And for what it’s worth, I am also the kind of person who munches on my hubby’s orders when we got out. The good ones will let us do that, I think 😉

March 17, 2016 at 10:57 am

I’ve recently started cooking with Japanese noodles and soba were delicious. They are really easy to overcook though so I’ll have to practice some more with this recipe!

March 18, 2016 at 8:36 am

You are my Asian food hero, lady. You always inspire me to go back to my roots (or at least convince my mom to make some Korean food for me during the busy times hehe). I’m making this once I’m done with internal medicine because soba is THE BEST!!!! <3 <3 <3

March 18, 2016 at 8:39 am

Beautiful as always!! I love soba noodles and I might be that person that drinks what’s left in the bowl when no one is looking. :)

April 1, 2016 at 11:56 pm

I made this for dinner tonight and couldn’t be more satisfied! The soba with the slightly sweet broth are such a good combination, and I think the tofu really adds some heft to the meal. Even though it’s a hot noodle soup, I know I’ll be making this long into the summer months (even if it means I have to keep a towel on hand to wipe away the sweat while I’m eating)!

10. Jane says:

April 22, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Clicked on the link for the recipe but what I really wanted to come here to say was, “damn girl, what products do you use for your hair?!” In so jelly. Haha