1. Ksenia @ At the Immigrant's Table says:

March 9, 2016 at 7:21 am

Glad you are finding some time to relax and settle back into your home! Though trips are amazing, they also always leave behind them a whirlwhind of work…. I say this as I am staring at my yet unpacked bags from my latest trip….

March 9, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Ahhhhhh I’m pretty sure these are the little pastries my grandma used to buy frozen from this one Chinese lady in Sao Paulo!

They were my dad’s favourite. We used to call them ‘coo ti’ although that is the Americanized version of the Brazilian pronounciation of the probably Shanghainese name my grandmother called them so small chance they are actually called anything like that (I only was able to figure out this year that what we called ‘tsom tsoo’ is ‘zongzi’).

March 9, 2016 at 2:19 pm

These pastries are everything, Cynthia! They look so much more flaky than the ones you get from bakeries, you should open up shop yourself ;). Also speaking of tv & movies, have you seen Brooklyn? Highly recommend it for your next sitting around day. Not just cause we live in said borough, but also because it was awesome.

March 9, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Yum! I love samosas and these look like a great twist on those. I also love curry so these will undoubtedly be making an appearance on our dinner table soon!

March 10, 2016 at 12:56 pm

that’s so cool you worked at a legal aid clinic in Cape Town! amazing. these look soooo damn delicious. i have puff pastry in my freezer right now, hehe – though I’d have to sub the beef for tofu (Rich is vegetarian! Aiyahh!) PS I’ve been wanting to see Creed for months!! XO

6. Erica says:

March 10, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Hooray for small accomplishments! I always feel icky trying to finish errands/chores until the very end – then I feel like a super woman and life feels ten thousand times better so I know it was worth it in the end 🙂 Spring cleaning is definitely one of those things!!
    I love these curry puffs, they are so pretty and I’m pretty much drooling over the flakiness of the pastry <3 <3 <3

March 14, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Ughhhh I feel ya about the cleaning and tidying up and omgness, does it feel good! I feel like I’ve accomplished something great, lol. 😉 And these look so darn yummy….it’s like having empanadas slash really healthy samosas, two of my faves. I had no idea Chinese cuisine included curry based pastries~it’s so interesting to see different cultures using certain unexpected ingredients.

8. monica says:

April 14, 2016 at 6:40 pm

My sisters and I would make these with our mom when we were kids using store bought puff pastry. too. Now my kids help me make these. It is one of their favorite foods. Thank you for making so many other Asian recipes accessible to my family.