March 3, 2016 at 8:05 am

Welcome back! I actually just went to LA for the first time on a work trip last month. I wanted to run around as I had done extra time in the evenings but I caught a nasty cold and spent every free moment in the hotel bed. Wah. Next time for vacation. As for this salad! I make a version of it every week. I discovered the massage key not too long ago and since then I’ve really appreciated kale more. Love your addition of chicken to it and the Simone vinaigrette.

March 3, 2016 at 9:11 am

One day that’s going to say ” From My Trip To Atlanta” 🙂 Sounds like fun times in L.A and I could eat all those pastries in that photo. OMG. I’m not hip to massage kale yet, but I feel like I should be a believer because this salad looks so so good.

3. Aysegul at www.foolproofliving.com says:

March 3, 2016 at 9:14 am

Gorgeous salad and photos Cynthia. It has been a very long time since I have been to LA, but now after seeing this I want to go back.
    PS: Massaged kale ROCKS! 🙂

March 3, 2016 at 9:39 am

Whooo! Wonderful as always, Cynthia!
    So cool to see your photos of LA! <3 And speaking of food, you know better than me that NY is the great Asian food hub, but I think LA is the real haven of Korean food. I remember this incredible bibimbap I had in a tiny corridor-like restaurant in koreatown there (with Josh! HA!). It was definitely the best I have ever had, and before that I am pretty sure I raided all the Bibimbap places in NY. I'll try Flushing next time I'm there.
    And about that, I am making it a point to come visit the US in 2016 – one coast or another.

March 3, 2016 at 10:19 am

So beautiful Cynthia! I saw your snapchat – tea station and in&out and I of course immediately thought of CA!!! I grew up in the bay area and Tea Station remains one of my favorite eats for Taiwanese food and fantastic hot milk tea. I’m so glad you had fun and a well deserved break!!!!

March 3, 2016 at 2:29 pm

I love these sunny LA photos, Cynthia! Makes me yearn for more sunshine even though I’m presently in Louisiana and am sunburned to a crisp after just one hour on the bayou. #PortlandPaleProblems.

And this salad, yes please! Sounds kinda like the perfect healthy plane lunch. I’m always on the hunt for more of those!

Happy to have you back, lovely lady!

March 3, 2016 at 3:16 pm

welcome back, lovely! 🙂 sounds like you guys had an awesome little vacay – yay! this salad, and setup is so dreamy – especially loving that kale massaging shot! xoxo

March 4, 2016 at 2:40 am

Welcome back, Cynthia! Sounds like you had the most wonderful 24 hours in LA.
    And yay for finally discovering kale salad! It’s magic, isn’t it? I like the massaging part too – always so relaxing 😀 Kale salad is great to take with you to work as well as it doesn’t wilt like most other salads do (or at least you have to carry the dressing in a separate container and pour it would over just before lunch).

Hope you have a great March weekend! xx

March 4, 2016 at 6:59 am

I’ve never heard of massaged kale – so you’re much more aware than me! It does make me giggle though, the idea of massaging some leaves 🙂

I love the look of the goats cheese – it looks like a little brain, I’m sure some people would find that off-putting, but I think it’s cute (sorry if that sounds weird).

I love make ahead dishes for breakfasts and lunches in the week and this sounds so delicious.

10. Erica says:

March 4, 2016 at 8:05 am

Ahhhh your LA trip sounds perfect!! So glad you got to enjoy the sunshine and Korean BBQ and the Valentine’s dinner – likely well deserved 🙂 It’s all so beautiful Cynthia! The colors of this salad and the flavors – I just showed my medicine team your photos and we are all drooling right now.

March 7, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Oh, my, gosh. Noooo come back!!! gahhh can’t believe you were in Torrrance! I live there! Well, practically it’s RIGHT NEXT to torrance but that’s my hangout city. But very delighted to know you loved our stuff in LA. 🙂 I too have soooo many places to recommend so feel free to come back (sooner than later plz) and I can show ya or direct ya where to go. 😉

12. Krizia says:

March 8, 2016 at 12:21 pm

I missed you in LA? :'( I’m so glad you had a wonderful time though (I’m from Torrance so I hope “Sunnydale” did not disappoint; though I wouldn’t be surprised if it did haha. Move here! 😉

April 4, 2016 at 2:46 pm

This is EXACTLY the kind of salad that Robert and I love to make for dinner, and then as lunch leftovers. It’s true what you said about kale salads – they’re perfect for mixing up at the beginning of the week because it will actually last you quite a few days without getting weird. Massaging is key, too! Glad to hear you’re on board. Hopefully you can get to LA for a longer period of time soon. Robert and I are also dying to get out there together.

14. Ginger Steinecke says:

January 12, 2017 at 6:52 am

I just discovered your blog and recipes and must say they all look delicious. Your pictures are beautiful. I’ve never heard of massaging kale and can’t wait to try it and this salad.