1. Ksenia @ At the Immigrant's Table says:

January 19, 2016 at 7:31 am

This is EXACTLY the kind of dish that I see myself falling in love with, and then recreating repeatedly to my heart’s content in the kitchen (I think that cauliflower and capers are a flavour combination made in heaven, and something I’ve already played with on my blog). I love that your late-night ordering unearthed this.

January 28, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I totally agree with you, cauliflower and capers are so so good together! Thank you so much for the kind words, Ksenia.

2. danielle is rooting the sun says:

January 19, 2016 at 9:40 am

cynthia, i feel instant kinship to this dish. every note here sings sweetly (creamy chickpeas, caramelized cauliflower, swoon) perched perfectly atop the cold weather of winter. hearty and bright is exactly what defines winter food for me. beautiful. xo

January 28, 2016 at 6:42 pm

This is such a beautiful, kind comment, Danielle! You made my day with this. Thank you. And I’m so with you, hearty and bright all the way to spring, please 🙂

January 19, 2016 at 11:44 am

Hellooooo lovely toast! (And yay for something healthy that’s not salad…I’m with you salad in winter is too cold!) Love the combo of cauliflower and chickpeas here. (And raisins!) I’m laughing because I’ve been on a total chickpea kick lately. In hummus, on wilted greens, in pasta…you get the point. Basically, you’ve just added to my hummus addiction that’s apparently happening this January. Not that I’m complaining 😉

January 19, 2016 at 5:27 pm

i love when humble dishes sneak up and surprise you with their tastiness! this dish sounds like the perfect thing to eat on these chilly days – warm toasty bread, topped with hearty goods! i hope you’re keeping warm out there, friend! xo’s

January 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm

cynthia! i’ve been going cauli-wild for a while now from a recipe from Gwyneth and Julia Turshen’s “It’s All Good” … roasted cauli, chickpeas with a white wine vinegar, dijon and olive oil dressing – had no idea it was a Sicilian thing! awesome. love the idea of it over toast, and with capers and raisins! yum yum! xo

January 20, 2016 at 8:44 am

I’m liking this on toast.. Chickpeas and cauliflower don’t get much love in my house.. I’m thinking we should try this… Love the ingredients in that dressing.

January 21, 2016 at 10:44 pm

I love it when you recreate something from a restaurant and it tastes exactly like- or even better than- the dish you ordered. I feel like a superhero every time it happens!!! This sounds delicious, I want to have this for breakfast this weekend 😀

January 22, 2016 at 10:33 pm

I just got my Seamless order (yes after 10p on a blizzard Fri) and I remembered that I wanted to ask your thoughts after I read this (beautiful, oh so yummy, soon to be recreated in my kitchen) post. While I love Seamless, did you ever see their campaigns in the subway basically insinuating that cooking old school and passe? It shows ovens being used as clothes storage and talking about saving time. Cooking isn’t your enemy, Seamless, maybe the telephone is. We cooks can coexist with Seamless. I don’t see why we can’t we all just be friends : )

February 16, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Oh gosh, I’m so sorry about that! The recipe should be back now. Hope you love it if you try it, and thank you so much for catching that!

March 20, 2016 at 11:21 am

Made this for dinner last night (sans breadcrumbs) and it was delicious! I’m only disappointed that it didn’t yield more! I’m going to have to double the recipe next time. Yum!