September 16, 2015 at 8:09 am

These are great! I love caramelized bananas, I sometimes put them in pancake batter just because I like that they make that sweet top (or bottom, however you turn them). But how all three factors come together in this meal, pure decadence.

September 16, 2015 at 10:09 am

SO lovely!!!!! Even though you’re not using any quintessential fall produce, somehow this post puts me in the mind of a cozy foggy morning with a colorful sprinkle of autumn foliage. These pancakes would be quite perfect for that. So warm and cozy, Cynthia!

September 16, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Caramelized bananas!!! I love this post much!! I can’t believe I just found a solution to post-breakfast hunger. I thought it was just me, and that I was a total glutton for wanting a burger 20 minutes after having pancakes for breakfast :p

It’s going to be hard saying goodbye to summer, but maybe, to ease the pain, you can escape the city for a weekend to enjoy the gorgeous foliage in New England!!

September 16, 2015 at 12:29 pm

I agree with you on the pancake problem. When I eat pancakes I feel stuffed, then empty. Adding oats for heft is a brilliant idea. And this looks perfect for a leisurely weekend breakfast as we move into fall. Well done.

September 16, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Well this is my weekend breakfast sorted!
    Love the caramelised bananas – they look incredible! (they are also so good when cooked in coconut oil to give a kind of tropical flavour and the oil makes it ever so slightly sweeter!)

September 16, 2015 at 5:08 pm

This pancakes-oriented post was the perfect final ingredient to making this hump day happy. Now if only it were already the weekend so that I could make these pancakes a reality!

September 16, 2015 at 8:03 pm

Beautiful. I am always so amazed how gorgeous your photo styling is, and I love that I never get bored of looking at these photos! These pancakes sound and look incredible.

September 16, 2015 at 10:42 pm

HELLO, sweet, sweet weekend vibes! Even the gentle light in these photos (and obviously the pancakes) are so reminiscent of a perfectly lazy Sunday morning, Cynthia! I can imagine exactly what it feels like to belly up to that table in my favorite PJs & slippers — just beautiful!

9. stephanie says:

September 17, 2015 at 1:29 pm

this is so so gorgeous and cozy cynthia!! perfect for those coming fall days. i just want to sink into your photos and eat piles and piles of these pancakes 🙂

ps – thank you for inspiring ME!!! heehee. i feel so honored to have given you a lil bit of inspiration for these guys.

September 17, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Wait, what?? Star Wars is going Disney Land?? Oh my. I. Love. This.

And besides going crazy over this AWESOME piece of news, I’m also drooling over these pancakes and (especially) the toppings you’re providing. Sounds almost too good to be from this planet.

September 17, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Mmmmm yessss, this is one of those things I KNOW are good! I totally get it when you say you just know sometimes. I always felt like chocolate and black sesame would be the perfect match and when I made it into a roll cake, I felt like a genius. 😉

September 18, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Oh my goodness–caramelized bananas in EVERYTHING, please. My first time trying them was in a recipe for rum banana bread, and I’ve never looked back since. I’ll take these pancakes with another full-sized serving of banana, please!

September 18, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Sundays are made for brunches and pancakes and hours filled with the most delicious food. These sound like the most perfect pancakes ever. ‘Self-saucing’, with a little bit of heartiness from the oat flour, the sweet caramel-y bananas, the whipped cream/yoghurt. I’m so craving these right now.

September 20, 2015 at 7:26 am

Have you ever pre-made the toasted oat flour? I was wondering if I make a large batch of the toasted oat flour on the weekends then I can whip these pancakes up on say on a dull Tuesday that needs a little lift.

Love the pics!

<3 Dani

15. Sherrie says:

September 20, 2015 at 7:08 pm

These are over the top, in all the best ways possible. I’m in love with that bourbon whip, my goodness Cynthia!!! xx

September 21, 2015 at 11:57 am

This has “decadent brunch” written all over it. YUM. Every aspect of this post I love… especially the photos! This is making me want pancakes right. now. please. Talk about indulgent ingredients… I am hooked. Thanks for sharing! xo