July 22, 2015 at 7:51 am

We have been obsessing over garlic scapes lately, and they’ve found they’re way into everything from eggs to smoothies. This combination of garlic scapes, corn and miso sounds like the perfect way to honour them even further. And welcome back!

July 23, 2015 at 8:30 am

Garlic scape smoothies??? I’m so intrigued! I wish these babes would stay here year-round. Thank you so much, Ksenia!

July 22, 2015 at 10:56 am

Oh my god, Cynthia, I just drooled on myself a little bit here. What an amazing recipe!

And yes, don’t you love friends who you know so well that it doesn’t matter if the apartment is a hot mess because all you want to do is eat and gossip? It’s the best.

July 22, 2015 at 11:07 am

Oh MAN this is everything that I want to eat right now. (FACT: I was raised in a corn-obsessed family. I’m currently house-sitting for my folks in NY, and I noticed that on my dad’s weather charts [he keeps daily records of the weather….total data hoarder] he had noted “FIRST CORN” on the day they presumably had their first corn of the season….hilarious.) I have like 60% of the things I need to make this, and I will happily drive 30 minutes to the nearest grocery store to get the remaining 40%.

Also, I have been mia forever so a much overdue Congratulations!!!! and welcome home!! xoxoxo 🙂

July 29, 2015 at 11:36 am

Oh my gosh Carey this story made my day. First corn should totally be a personal holiday!!!! Your dad is the best.

Um and YES omg HI!!!!! I’ve seriously been meaning to write you an email for the last million years (and catch up on your latest posts, omg that dutch baby)!! It will happen soon, I swear it. Like right now. A million x’s and o’s!!!

July 22, 2015 at 11:37 am

Every single part of this recipe sound amazing, Cynthia! You literally put four of my favorite things in one dish, droool. Hope you’re enjoying life back in the city and maybe we can run into each other on the train again 😀

July 29, 2015 at 11:42 am

High-five scape twin!!!!! Thanks so much, Summer 🙂 (PS YES I so hope that happens again!!!! if not we’ll just have to make it happen :D)

July 22, 2015 at 5:47 pm

oh my god what this looks amazing!!! ah i love the idea of miso butter on corn. can’t wait to try this out 🙂

also those friends are the best.

July 22, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Well, doesn’t this look great (as always)! Fun fact: in Italy, unless you live in Veneto or Tuscany, we don’t really eat corn…unless it’s in form of polenta. But I mean, *whole* corn. It’s just not really a thing, and I was never interested in it.
    Still, this all looks lovely! pointless as my comment may be, I just wanted to say yay for settling back in with a plate of ‘cozy’ stuff with friends ^___^

July 22, 2015 at 10:26 pm

David Chang is amazing and I’ve been looking into experimenting with both miso and tahini for less traditional purposes. Adding miso to buttered corn is simple yet brilliant. These are the kinds of little things that elevate the ordinary to extraordinary. I think it’s great that you guys have a close friend who doesn’t make you pretend to be spotless when we all know you have to throw all the mess into the closet….oh that’s just me…I hope you’re enjoying a little downtime. You’ll have long enough to get back into the routine. Great use of seasonal corn. xo

July 23, 2015 at 8:42 am

This sound insane. Every element of this is just too good from that gorgeous charring on the corn to the miso butter (miso butter!). Hurrah for summer eating!

July 23, 2015 at 11:28 am

David Chang is brilliant. As is this recipe. Can’t wait to get my hands on some corn at the farmers market and smother some tacos in it. Or, you know, maybe just shovel it into my face with a spoon.

July 23, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Isn’t that the best when you can just enjoy the simple times with friends? There’s no pressure, no expectations, just sharing and happiness. 🙂 🙂 🙂 And how could there not be happiness when there is gorgeous miso buttered corn with GARLIC SCAPES involved? Love it, Cynthia!

July 25, 2015 at 11:51 am

Wow, awesome, never thought that miso and butter could go well together. I happen to have a lot of corns left over, time to do this miso butter 😉

12. dhrubaam says:

July 26, 2015 at 9:14 pm

This is a very interesting recipe. Didn’t know miso and butter could marry. Oh, and lovely pictures. 🙂

July 26, 2015 at 10:26 pm

This looks incredible! First, your photos are gorgeous, and second, I’ll eat anything that involves scapes and charred corn. I’m inundated with scapes from my CSA, so I’m totally going to give this recipe a whirl as an easy weeknight dinner! Thanks for the inspiration <3

July 28, 2015 at 9:37 am

I’ve never cooked with scapes, but I’ve been eating corn just about every day since ears of it started appearing in the grocery stores. I’m definitely going to have to try out this gorgeous recipe 🙂