1. themoonblushbaker says:

June 15, 2015 at 7:15 am

If I could be so lucky to see all this wonderful food at your wedding! It will be the banquet of a life time with such diverse cuisine. Love the mix of creamy spiky poke and avo; also served in a jar! So cute!

June 15, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Aww it would be SO fun to have you there!! Especially if you happened to bring one of your fabulous cakes…. 😉

June 15, 2015 at 7:52 am

Parfaitini may be my new favourite ever word. Everything tastes better when eaten out of a cocktail glass in my opinion. So love that you’re sharing all of these wedding eats with us!

June 15, 2015 at 4:30 pm

I totally agree!!!! And baha I’m so glad to hear that you’re not getting tired of all the wedding talk 😉 I cannot wait for yours in October!

June 15, 2015 at 7:54 am

Wow it looks so yummy! Love all the photography. I liked the way it’s served in the little jars. I really like how you’ll be serving it at your wedding. It’s not typical wedding food, but I think that it’ll impress all the guests!

The Runaway Journal

June 15, 2015 at 8:53 am

I can’t lie, raw fish sort of scares me a bit still, BUT that spicy sauce has me thinking I can do this! Plus, the photo are perfect, so I am just pretty much in love with this recipe!! :)

June 15, 2015 at 11:38 am

Oh my word. I have long admired your lovely blog and finally must comment. This is something I have not seen, I think you have nailed an original and I love it!!!!!!!!! I see potential for delicious variations! Fabulous

June 15, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Poke parfaitinis! Love it!! Also, I feel like this would be insanely difficult to style, but in true Cynthia form you’ve pulled it off with flying colors. Gorgeous, lady! (And eeek the big day is coming so so soon–yay!!!!)

June 15, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I hate what I’m gonna say next, but….omnomnomnomnom!!!!!!! Parfaitini is pure genius and such a cute little term–definitely in my foodie lexicon now, hah! I love poke and if it’s spicy that’s even better. I did have some last week at an Asian food market/festival event, but it wasn’t flavorful enough so..you read my mind. ^_~* I’m so excited for your big day, please do share more with us!! 😀

8. stephanie says:

June 15, 2015 at 3:43 pm

love these little guys! i can imagine a picnic with a extra, extra large ones, cause just like you, ’m nothing if not a glutton :)

also, i am so excited for your wedding!! the insta the other day of all your seating chart cards and etc and it was so, so beautiful.

xoxo

9. kaleandcaramel says:

June 15, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Cynthia! These are absolutely exquisite—the styling on those plated shots is just HOLY WOW. And they sound so, SO delish! I’m actually going out for poke bowls tonight, but must try making these at home asap. Sidebar, along the lines of seeking kaiware sprouts: I’ve been making rice bowls for lunch and topping them with pea shoots! Could be a good replacement, if none of the others are around.

June 15, 2015 at 5:37 pm

FOODLAND! Ahhhh we have a Foodland cooler bag with spam musubi on it… i so know the spicy ahi poke you speak of! Parfaitini! The combo of spicy tuna, avocado and rice … I’m a happy clam just thinking about it. Love to you guys! xo (PS wouldn’t it be so fun to run into each other in Hawaii on vacation one day??)

June 15, 2015 at 11:34 pm

Omg, i just love you guys. These are so perfect. Yum to avo + spicy ahi. WINNING COMBO. This wedding series makes me so so so happy. I can’t wait for your big day. Can you please promise to share a million photos? I know it’s going to be absolute magic. <3

June 16, 2015 at 11:52 pm

I don’t know if I should give you more congratulations on the wedding or on scoring parfaitinis or on this photography or the recipe or what. Let’s call it a tie!? Also, I’m totally down for anything served out of a martini glass. I went to this wedding once where like EVERYTHING was served out of a martini glass (there was a mashed potato-tini bar & some kind of chocolate fountain thing that you could literally just drink out of a martini glass & also some kind of martini sorbet thingy). It was incredible. Woohoo for parfaitinis! Woohoo for you and B2!

June 17, 2015 at 11:14 am

This is a coolest idea EVAH!!! I definitely could eat this delicious looking ‘sushi’ every single day. I am so glad you are sharing your wedding detail with all of us here cause you know that if we are not involved in someway, we will probably crash your party. (hahaha)
    xoxo

June 22, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Cynthia, I love poke! It is probably one of my favorite dishes to eat once a month. I’m going to try your version at home. Hope the wedding is coming along fabulously!