May 20, 2015 at 10:06 am

This post makes me so so so so so happy. But Cynthia, one word, TOMOE. I’m bringing you some. It’s the only arare I can eat and I have a feeling I’m going to convert you into a fellow Tomoe lover. 😀 😀 😀 And YAYYYY for wedding and birthday countdowns!!

May 20, 2015 at 10:27 am

I was totally thinking of you when I wrote this, Alana!!! I know, I’m SO sad I didn’t get to use Tomoe here! I went all over town looking for it but no :'( Luckily B2’s aunt owns a crackseed store and we’re suuper pumped to raid it next month for welcome bags (and our bellies!) Thanks so much for the sweet words, lady! Can’t wait to see you soon eeee!

May 20, 2015 at 11:32 am

Well, isn’t this the most brilliant popcorn idea ever! My friend and I have been discussing a lot of Hawaiian recipes recently because he’s also from that neck of the woods–there’s just so much happiness to be had in those discussions! Yeee for vicariously living through your blog, I am still just so excited for you two!

May 21, 2015 at 10:55 am

Ha, I LOVE how you put that, Ala!! SO much happiness. I hope you post some of his recipes, too! And it makes me so happy that you’re excited too — that means the world to me! Sending you hugs :):):)

May 20, 2015 at 12:08 pm

I agree with Katrina – I’m so excited for this series!! And from now on, I’m going to make it a point to always have some hurricane popcorn stocked and ready to go!

May 20, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Memories of your beginning posts! I remember the spam musubi post like it was yesterday! Also, yay for popcorn because it’s pretty much the best snack ever!! And I love sprinkling furikake on mine too!

May 20, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Could this look any more umami?! I’m in love with the seasonings – and you know I’m already obsessed with your Asian fusion dishes so this new series is making me super excited. And such a perfect little tribute to your man!! Can’t stop smiling, you’re too adorable.

6. stephanie says:

May 20, 2015 at 1:38 pm

oooh i LOVE this so so so much. hurricane popcorn sounds amazing. i love those lil rice crackers and can just imagine them next to popcorn. yum!

and i’m getting so excited for you and your wedding!!!!!! 😀

May 20, 2015 at 1:49 pm

The other day in a moment of weakness I bought a horrible “sweet fiesta lime” popcorn (so hungry when I grocery shop straight after work) that tasted like artificial margarita mix mixed with fat free popcorn. I need to make this popcorn to cancel out that popcorn….

8. Sini | My Blue&White Kitchen says:

May 20, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Best food series ever. Can’t wait for all that Hawaiian goodness that is yet to come <3

May 20, 2015 at 10:40 pm

OH MAN, this sounds like a killer, eat-it-by-the-fistful, popcorn. Also, congratulations on having such a cool partner in your life. You guys sound super happy, and that’s freaking great. Much love!

May 22, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Oh YES! I love the sound of this umami-rich popcorn! My Dad’s family is from Hawaii, so he shared some of the unique cuisine with us as kids and at the time I didn’t appreciate the savory goodness as much as I should have. I’ll make up for lost time, though 🙂 Can’t wait to make this for my Dad!

May 24, 2015 at 5:59 pm

This sounds like the perfect snack to have when you are just munching away in front of the TV. I love the Hawaiian take on popcorn. Would have never known what it was! Can’t wait to see the wedding photos!

May 26, 2015 at 9:01 am

I’m in love with this Hurricane popcorn. I already sprinkle soy sauce on my popcorn..like for real, so this is speaking to me ..and so excited for that “little event” you keep talking about. 😉