1. Liz @ Floating Kitchen says:

November 4, 2014 at 8:18 am

Whoa! Mashed potatoes on pizza. My mind is totally blown! What a great recipe to celebrate Jessica!

November 4, 2014 at 9:36 am

oh holy crap. i don’t know what to do with myself. 1. this pizza is from my dreams. 2. you are too kind and 3. i’m honored you would participate in this. THANK YOU! xoxo

November 4, 2014 at 9:50 am

I am so into pizza – well duh!! I’m Italian. Last night we made it with kale and it rated a WOW!! I am definitely making it this recipe. Have you tried making pizza dough with “00” flour? It is imported but my gosh there is no comparison. That’s all we use and I do order our flour online. We’ve been making pizza dough for countless years and this is the closest that we’ve come to the pizza in Naples. I don’t know Jessica but I’ll drop on by and introduce myself. Do you mind if I say you sent me??

November 5, 2014 at 1:36 am

OK. THIS PIZZA IS MENTAL! I can’t even handle it. You put mashed potato AND bacon on a pizza? That does it, I’m coming to New York, because I cannot be alive for another second without eating this! Too, too good.

November 5, 2014 at 4:31 am

What sweet words your wrote about Jessica. And this classy/trashy tribute sounds just up my alley – bacon? Yes please. Mashed potatoes? Heck yah! The Cheeseboard Pizza here in Berkeley puts potatoes on their pizza in the fall and I’m obsessssed.

November 5, 2014 at 9:21 am

EFF YES to carbs-on-carbs-on-carbs. I remember the first time I saw a ziti pizza at the pizza joint downtown in my college days. I was so excited, and then underwhelmed when it wasn’t as delicious as I imagined. (Definitely the execution at fault there and not the concept itself. What a carb injustice.) I think this would be way better anyway, though. Because bacon, obv, plus puffy baked mashed potatoes and all the other standard pizza goodness.

I have yet to translate the Leahy method into pizza form, and I think that’s a darn shame that I should probably rectify asap. With this pizza. (It would be a nice break from my other guilty pleasure pizza, which is basically a deconstructed cheeseburger on a pizza crust.)

November 5, 2014 at 9:23 am

recreating restaurant faves are the best! it’s always so encouraging when you make something you love in your own kitchen! and i know i always say this but your photos are just so gorg to look at, cynthia! and yay for babies! woot woot!

November 5, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Holy god, I don’t know that many people in real life let alone virtual baby shower world! Homegirl is such a stud — what a spiffaricious spread! and what a devastatingly tempting pizza! Love this one, Cynth. So beautiful and surely out of this world delicious.

March 11, 2015 at 7:25 am

Just googled Bar’s mashed potato and bacon pizza and came across your post and nearly died! This was mine and my husband’s favorite pizza for years, and I have always wanted to recreate it at home, and yay, now I can! If only I could get my hands on some Ambar Ale! This makes me miss New Haven (or parts of it) very much.