July 28, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Very cute! I really liked that the music coordinated so well with the visuals of the video. Such a seemingly small detail really made the video all the more special.
    I have to admit though, just the sight of running a blender without a lid made my heart race a little faster. Visions of smoothie-spattered kitchens come to mind…

July 29, 2014 at 11:29 am

Thank you so much, Alice!! I love that you said that about the video because it was one of my favorite things too! That eye for detail, right? It was all B2 :) Sorry to make you anxious with the lid shenanigans!! 😉 It was all low settings, I promise.

July 28, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Okay, I love this video. And video is HARD! Just sayin’. I’m taking a class next month, and plan to make videos of my cats. I’ll probably get really famous.

Also, and probably more importantly, whenever I see a video involving a food blogger and a table I think: why the heck is that table so short? So today, after watching your video, I walked over to my dining table, and it only comes up to the middle of my thigh. And I’m stumpy. So… I guess I won’t wonder about that anymore.

July 29, 2014 at 11:31 am

Oh SHIZ CAT VIDEOS! Please make them so that I can watch them over and over. And please remember me when you’re an international celebrity. (And the table height comment made me laugh — I thought it was so much shorter when I watched it too!)

July 29, 2014 at 11:35 am

LOL. In retrospect, I feel a little guilty for causing this much stress. Low settings only, promise! Also, the music dub makes it so that you can’t hear us being like “whooa..OOA!!” when we tried it.

July 29, 2014 at 11:36 am

omg I love that your hubs is involved!! It was so much fun to work together :) Thank you so much, Cate! (And I know I said this already, but it was so so great to meet you yesterday!!!)

July 28, 2014 at 2:45 pm

this is the sweetest, cynthia! i love a blog-post-spouse-collabo! but this video is gorgeous, and i especially love the song to go along with! frank and i were thinking of shooting a video recipe but haven’t gotten around to it yet (oddly enough we wanted to shoot a beverage as well, go figure!). i cannot for future, bowl-videos! so much love for this post!!! <3 <3 <3

July 30, 2014 at 10:51 am

We were so so happy to read your comment, Lindsey! And I love that you liked the song (B2 was happy about that!) But oh my goodness I. would. love to see a video by you and Frank!!!! Yes PLEASE! I can just imagine how beautiful yours would be. (And yes, so funny about beverages! I feel like they’re just kind of fun and dynamic to shoot / a good intro thing to cut your teeth on!) Anyway, thank you so much for the sweet words :) it really made our day!

July 28, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Yay B2!!! Love the video… Am massively impressed by your video taking skills, especially given that I can barely master my camera’s photo settings :)
    Please make more smoothies and please make more videos! Xx

July 28, 2014 at 6:25 pm

It’s funny that you say Bowl #2 is the more creative part of the pair because I feel the same way about the Husband. He’s waaaaaaay more creative than me. He’s the one who named my blog, created my logo, and he gives me photography and styling tips all the time. He then teases that he’s going to create a blog to compete with mine. I love the video and I hope you guys continue making them. I don’t have speakers at my computer right now so I couldn’t hear the audio. Do you talk? If not, you should in the future! I’ll go home tonight and watch the video again. And I agree with all the comments about blending without the lid. You like to live on the edge, girl! 😉

July 28, 2014 at 6:35 pm

No more Monday blues with your posts Cynthia!! These smoothies look delicious and perfect for summer AND the video is fantastic!! Have you seen green kitchen stories videos? So gorgeous and on the same page as you!! I’d love to see more of B2 in the future – you guys make a FANTASTIC collaboration!! Have a lovely day :)

Ps. Also, that’s a ‘practise’?! SAY WHAT?! It’s awesome!!

July 28, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I knew it!!! Before the end I suspected that the green one would be yours, and it did hahaha.
    I kind of heard the ‘Jaw’ theme in my head with the lid-off-shot… and I love it :)

July 28, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I cannot love this video enough. I’m so glad you two decided to post it! This is how every food blogger is supposed to operate: in a dreamy, music score-backed montage of vibrant ingredients and soft-lit movements. Happy Monday, Cynthia!

August 3, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Yogurt + video + quiet, serene palette just like in your lovely photos = total win. (And the lid being off didn’t bother me. I knew if things got messy, I’d be all the way across the country.)

August 7, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Love the video, my husband has to have a smoothie almost every night. Trying new ideas all the time. I am going to have to try some of what you did!! Looks delish!!