21 Comments

December 25, 2013 at 11:50 am

So glad you decided to start blogging! Your photos and posts are beautiful and a great source of inspiration – wishing you both a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

December 25, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Same to you and yours, Janine! And thank you so, so much — that means a lot. Love your blog too and so glad that we “met” this year! Enjoy the rest of your Christmas. :)

December 25, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Haha, we sure did! That means so much to hear — so glad to have found you too. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

December 26, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Merry belated Christmas! The husband and I decided not to go home for Christmas either this year. Which meant… lots and lots and lots of Christmas-y movies and songs and twinkly lights and eggnog and Chinese food in Chelsea to make up for it. A little lonesome, but cozy as well. So I feel you. It looks like you had a wonderful time though! (I tried to convince Chris to play cards with me, but he wanted to read ghost stories out loud instead, heh.) That cake and those dumplings! So cute!

Happy new year!

• says:

December 26, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Isn’t it tough? I Skyped my family in the midst of their Christmas hubbub and it was wistful, to say the least. At the same time, this was definitely the most peaceful Christmas we’ve ever had… ;) Your Christmas does sound so cozy! (Also, Chinese food in Chelsea? Where? I’m intrigued!) Glad you weathered the smidge of lonely okay too. And happy new year to you!

December 27, 2013 at 9:03 am

there is something so right about being able to do at least one christmas on your own. it makes you appreciate the times when you are able to spend with family, but also, it allows you to create your own traditions. it sounds like a lovely way to spend the holidays, in lieu of heading to Hawaii. joyful joyful. jesus understands. :)

December 27, 2013 at 11:12 am

Ha! I 200% agree with you, Lan. It really did feel right — and makes you feel like you’re really choosing to celebrate Christmas, in ways that give the holiday its true meaning (or the meaning you want it to have, I suppose). Loved seeing bits of your holiday :) sounds like you had a great one yourself!

December 30, 2013 at 3:57 pm

OMG!! Your Christmas looked like it was wonderfully delicious and beautiful, my dear!! Your naked cake is SOOO beautiful! I love love love that we have Hawaii in common. Seriously, isn’t butter mochi the most amazing thing ever? When I went home for Thanksgiving, I swear, I had it at least 3 times a week (eek!!). Happy new year! So glad to have met you and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2014! xoxo

December 30, 2013 at 4:15 pm

You are so so lovely, Jessica! You made my day with your comments. Ugh I can eat butter mochi forever (until I feel sick.) Butter mochi and poke. haha. And I am so obsessed with naked cakes!! Poor indecent cakes, they’ll probably never be properly iced ever again. Same to you and SO glad we’re blog-friends!!!

January 1, 2014 at 5:11 pm

!! I really need to one of these days! Hope you make it to NY soon yourself :) Merry Christmas and happy new year, Shikha!