31 Comments

December 23, 2013 at 8:01 am

I still need a good go to pancake recipe and since after today I’ll be home for a week and half making real breakfast everyday I’m going to have to give yours a try. Plus I always have greek yogurt and milk at home, never butter milk. p.s. gorgeous photos. p.p.s. I always drenched my breakfast sausages in maple syrup.

December 23, 2013 at 9:53 am

Ooooh, yes!!!! If it came from Joy the Baker you know it’s legit girl. I don’t think I’ll ever order pancakes out again after her recipe. Let me know how you like it with the Greek yogurt! :) I’m the same — I never have buttermilk on hand but I always have a tub of Fage. P.S. Thanks! and P.P.S. YES! HIGH-FIVE!

December 23, 2013 at 9:56 am

You know, it’s a mixed bag — I’m actually not a fan of straight-up salty and sweet foods (like chocolate-covered pretzels, which are just so-so in my book) but I love savory with a touch of sweet and the other way around. I like mixing up my food in general, though, and I know people who’d eat out of those separated trays for every meal if they could! Maybe bacon pancakes are a good gateway sweet-and-savory combo :) Save the chocolate-covered bacon for another day… haha.

December 23, 2013 at 10:12 am

Oooohh man! This looks so delicious!! I LOVE the combo of pancakes and maple syrup and bacon – you should try putting an egg on top too. It’s a taste explosion in your mouth!

December 23, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Oh gosh, these look delicious! My self 10 years ago would have gobbled these up as is! But now since I’ve a vegetarian, I’ll leave out the bacon, but I’m pretty sure they’ll still be just as delicious!! Thanks for this recipe!

December 23, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Oh no! Yes, good thing they’d be fantastic plain too :) My other (vegetarian) favorite way to enjoy these pancakes is with chocolate chips, a tablespoon of instant espresso powder, and a dollop of Nutella. Or any kind of fruit. Oh man. I just love pancakes. Thanks so much for stopping by, Jessica! :)

December 29, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Aw, thank you so much, Jasline! Haha, yes, I totally understand it’s not for everyone. I love these pancakes on their own, too — before bacon, I also loved Reese’s pieces scattered over them, or pieces of fruit. Or chocolate chips… or Nutella… or instant espresso… Haha the list goes on and on. They really work with anything, I feel like! Hope you did likewise, Jasline!!

January 25, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Oh man! So excited to see you round these parts, Katherine!! :) That was one of my favorite shots too ………. because it meant I got to eat some. hehehe.