November 26, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Girl. Only if I was prepared to judge myself! (And thanks, Nancy! I feel like we’re all our own worst critics when it comes to our photos, aren’t we?)

November 26, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I have to agree with Nancy…and quite honestly I don’t think you can take a bad photo. This frosting is so luscious. Never thought to add maple and brown butter to a cream cheese frosting. Love the pumpkin bread recipe too…looks pretty simple, and that is how I roll when it comes to baking bread. :)

November 27, 2013 at 9:14 am

Aw, thank you so much. That means a lot — I feel like I’ve been frustrated with my pictures lately! But it’s always good to be reminded of how you can improve :) And yes!! I had only just found out about maple cream cheese frosting a few months ago, and then I saw brown butter and it totally changed my world. Loved the pumpkin bars as well — you should definitely try the combo. :) The frosting also tastes fantastic on cinnamon rolls. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, as always.

November 27, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Laura! Your frosting was divine. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!! :)

November 29, 2013 at 10:03 am

Haha YES!!! I love it! I don’t know who’s more excited about that, your puree or me! I hope you love the frosting as much as I do. Thank you so much for stopping by, and happy Thanksgiving :)

November 29, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Oh my gosh when you listed those three ingredients I went weak at the knees. Cream cheese frosting is my absolute favourite! And maple syrup?!?!?! And brown butter!! Holy moly. That sounds incredible. Thank you so much for sharing! I think this is going to be my new favourite frosting recipe of all time :)

November 30, 2013 at 8:53 am

That’s exactly what I thought when I found Laura’s recipe!!! I think it definitely has a good shot at that title for me, too ;) Hope you love it if you make it!

November 30, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Thank you so much! (Even though I can’t quite take credit for any of it!) They’re some of my favorite flavors too, and they go amazingly together :) Though I’m convinced brown butter goes with anything.

December 1, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Haha, I’m the same way! I’m always eyeing the Libby’s cans in the baking aisle at any time of year. Thank you so much, Cate!

December 3, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thank you so much! And I’m so glad you commented on my blog so that I could find yours! I’m off to read more now (love those swirl biscotti, they remind me of a shortbread cookie I made! We think alike!)

December 6, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Can I just say that I came upon your blog and love it! I’m so jealous that you live in NYC, where I’m trying to end up in the next 6 months. If you ever come to San Francisco, you’ll have to let me know!

December 8, 2013 at 12:23 am

Aw, thank you so much, Shikha!!! Oh gosh, I’m jealous of YOU that you live in SF! I loved it when I was there. If I’m ever back you can give me the inside scoop :) And don’t be too jealous of us over here… Just look us up on weather.com and you’ll feel better. haha. Are you looking for a job out here? Good luck, hope we’ll be neighbors soon! :)