17 Comments

November 24, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Thanks so much for the link! Really appreciate it. That’s made a rather miserable weekend (nursing a really lousy cold) where I didn’t get to do another post – like last weekend, too. In the meantime, and just in case I can’t do it, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

November 25, 2013 at 10:09 am

Oh no! So sorry to hear that you’re feeling junk (I just woke up with a cold this morning too, so I sympathize..) Hope we’re both on the mend soon :) helped along by these tasty sprouts?!

• says:

November 25, 2013 at 11:07 am

Hope so! And chicken soup. I’m feeling so much better today. Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery from yours :) There’s still time for you to recover in time for the big day – as long as there’s no stress!

November 24, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Love these! We are on the same thought pattern. I have made two batches of these in the past week and a half. The latter batch was like this…very crispy. It was one of those evenings when I didn’t have a plan for dinner so all I made was a huge tray of these… the two of us we ended up eating the whole lot in one sitting! I did pay a little the next day…needless to say I think I’ll skip them on Thanksgiving!

November 25, 2013 at 10:10 am

Hahaha!! They are so easy to binge on! And then suddenly you’re immobilized and calling for help…. Bowl #2 isn’t a huge fan of Brussels sprouts and he still noshes down on these face-first. I love these as a backup dinner plan. Definitely fail-safe. As for Thanksgiving — you and me both! ;) Thanks for your comment!!

November 25, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Great idea! Just on Saturday I added a little bit of pomegranate molasses to the brussels sprouts before roasting, and the sugar really added to the browning. They were fabulous, although I really didn’t taste the pomegranate molasses.
    Love your photos!

November 25, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Ooh, I love the idea of that! Fantastic suggestion. I’ve tried balsamic vinaigrette in the sprouts before as well and enjoyed that — a sweet note does wonders for the sprouts, especially caramelized. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, Mimi :)

November 25, 2013 at 2:10 pm

You’re not late on the Brussels trend, they never get old! I’ve been debating my thanksgiving side dish, thanks for clearing that up. Sold by your beautiful photos.

November 25, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Whew, I’m so glad you think so!! It’s one of my favorite vegetables, so I figured I couldn’t not post it even if I was the last one ever. :) And you’ve just made my day — I was exactly hoping that this might spark some inspiration for anyone who was still undecided!! It’s the perfect last-minute dish, no extra ingredients necessary and delicious with just a little seasoning. I hope you enjoy it if you end up making it!

And, SO flattered you like my photos after just hopping to yours and seeing your stunning photography! I’m so happy to have found your blog through your comment. Excited to keep following you. :)

December 1, 2013 at 9:40 am

Thank you so much, Diana! I just took a look at your lovely blog and am so excited to keep reading — it’s beautiful!

December 2, 2013 at 12:05 am

I like them the classic way roasted with olive oil and salt, even more so with maple syrup and balsamic vinegar added to the mix. Gotta try the cayenne and garlic version, it sounds very tempting!

December 2, 2013 at 10:35 am

Mm, I’ve had it with balsamic vinegar and honey, but not maple syrup! That sounds like a fantastic pairing. I think that may be what I try next… Thanks for your comment, Mary!

6. debbe says:

December 17, 2013 at 10:37 am

Mmmm, I love brussel sprouts!! I can’t get enough of them! My favourite is with slightly rendered bacon (of course) and just a sprinkle of brown sugar. Yum!

December 19, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Ooh, I am so on board with that. Usually I’m too lazy to cook the bacon, too (especially since preparing them this way requires quite a bit of peeling) but agreed — bacon and Brussels sprouts is always a home run.

• debbe says:

December 20, 2013 at 11:04 pm

My lazy way of doing it is just chopping the bacon into large sized pieces, tossing it in a hot pan for a couple of minutes and then putting it in the oven. :)