September 12, 2013 at 9:45 am

I love this! It is sort of an “in-between” summer and fall recipe. 🙂 It is so delicious looking and just yesterday I found nectarines at a really good price. I’ll be making your crisp this weekend. Beautiful photographs too!

• says:

September 12, 2013 at 2:44 pm

YAY! I was thinking (hoping) the same. 🙂 And so excited for you that you got nectarines at a bargain! The late season nectarines seem fantastic, too — the ones we got last week were the best I’d had all summer. I’d love to hear how your crisp comes out. Thank you so much for the kind comment — and I’m so glad I wasn’t too late with this post! 🙂

• says:

September 12, 2013 at 8:48 pm

If you’re anything like me, I doubt you would too!!! For me, the fruit in a crisp (or crumble) is really just a vehicle to carry the crumble to my mouth, haha. 🙂 And actually, for that reason, I’d rather use my lesser-quality peaches and nectarines for this and enjoy the best and sweetest ones fresh.

2. meg says:

September 12, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I love crisps! I also love small desserts, because I will eat crumbly topping until it’s all gone…So a little forced restraint is good.

• says:

September 15, 2013 at 11:52 pm

This is such a wonderful comment, you have no idea! I’m new as well and definitely don’t think of myself as inspiring anyone when I feel like I have so much to learn from others. (Plus, I just visited your blog — YOUR photos are gorgeous! You have such talent!) Thank you so much for your lovely compliments, you just made my day. I’m following you back right now! 🙂

September 16, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Lol it doesn’t matter what it looks like so long as it tastes good and for the record, that does NOT look like slop. It looks like heavenly, crispy, nectarine-y, summery goodness. Fabulous photos too, girl.

• says:

September 16, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Hahaha preach!!! To be fair, it did look more questionable in person than in photos (thanks DSLR, you da best) but like you said, it tasted so good that I was like f it. Posting. 😉 I’m guessing it had to do with the Smart Balance especially and the fact that those particular nectarines were super sweet and juicy. I made it again the next week with less spread and crunchier nectarines, and the crumble was much more… well, crumbly. Anyway, thank you soo much for the compliments, you are the sweetest! 🙂