• says:

August 27, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Haha, that’s probably a good thing!!! Now that I know, I want to fry EVERYTHING in bacon grease. I tell myself that at least it’s turkey bacon…. Thank you so much for your kind comment :)

• says:

August 28, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Thank you so much! I hope they turn out well for you! And by the way, your blog is absolutely gorgeous — so glad you commented so that I could find it. Thanks for the lovely comment and looking forward to reading more of your blog.

August 30, 2013 at 10:33 am

My boyfriend hates corn bread but I’m pretty sure with jalapeƱo & of course bacon on the side, he would love haha! MmM I love comfort food and this is def a must!

November 25, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Oh gosh, thanks so much for pointing that out! There’s no butter, just oil! I think I originally considered using 3 tbsp of oil and 3 tbsp of melted butter for the full batch, then changed my mind and forgot to change it in the instructions. I just used all oil (3 tbsp for a half batch and 6 tbsp for a full batch) and found that that worked perfectly — especially since melting only 1.5 tbsp of butter for a half-batch would have been more trouble than it was worth! I’m so glad that you caught that, sorry that it took me so long to correct!

December 1, 2013 at 9:44 am

Of course! Your cornbread recipe looks wonderful. Thank you so much for stopping by to say hello, I so appreciate it! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (hopefully with your tasty cornbread somewhere on the table!)

• says:

December 1, 2013 at 10:24 am

I`m in Canada so Thanksgiving is a distant memory :) but Christmas food preparations are in full swing. I am working on a whole lot of edible gifts as I love Handmade Holidays. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you!

December 2, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Oh that’s right! I always feel Canadian holiday timing makes much more sense than ours šŸ˜‰ Thanksgiving and Christmas are so squeezed together this year. Love edible gifts as well, I need to get on that too!! Thanks so much for commenting, Paula!

October 2, 2015 at 10:46 am

Just made these topped with more cheese and double smoked bacon and in mini muffins. The recipe was perfect for 24 and they are downright delicious. :) These may very well become a stand in when I make chill. I was afraid of too much heat from the jalapeƱo but it was just perfect.